Computer Know How!
Most people are aware that typing in all UPPER case is considered the keyboard equivalent of shouting. So, it can be very annoying, if you have inadvertently activated the UPPER case typing by accidentally tapping the Caps Lock key. Really, what is the point of that key anyway? The Shift Key is sufficient for my needs – how about you?
The good news is that the Caps Lock key can be disabled, permanently, and its not difficult to do.
- Press WinKey+R > type notepad and press Enter
- Copy & Paste this into the notepad:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Choose File > Save As…
- Select for Save as type: All Files
- Enter in the File name field: DisableCapsLock.reg
- Click Save
- Alternatively, here is the ready-made file for you to download DisableCapsLock . Just unzip it after the download is complete.
- Once the DisableCapsLock.reg file is ready, right click on it and choose Merge
- Restart your system to complete the update
And that’s it – no more Caps Lock!
As always. we’re really happy to chat through your IT needs or issues with absolutely no obligation or pressure – just call the Hypersonic team on +44 (0) 1489 582 666.
Look out for our Computer Know How! articles in The Loop magazine